Experienced Scottsdale, AZ Lawyer Brings Knowledge and Passion to Family Law Issues
Serving the people of metropolitan Phoenix for more than 40 years
When you’re faced with a family law problem, you need an attorney who is knowledgeable and will manage your case with the care it deserves. As you evaluate lawyers who might assist you, there is one essential quality to look for: experience. In the practice of law, there is simply no substitute. Attorney Mark Cord has spent more than 40 years practicing family law in Arizona and is one of only about 65 practitioners to be certified as a Family Law Specialist by the Arizona State Bar, a process that requires critical evaluation by judges and opposing counsel alike. During his career, Mark has earned accolades throughout the state as one of the most prepared, responsive and adaptable attorneys around. His strict attention to detail and ability to negotiate helps clients get the results their cases deserve. Mark has served the people of the Scottsdale and Phoenix area with pride, upholding the standards of justice to which he has dedicated his career from both sides of the bench, and he is prepared to assist you.
An acclaimed legal mind with thorough knowledge of the system
Mark Cord doesn’t just practice law; he lives it. He is the author of the book Divorce With(Out) Dignity, A Divorce Lawyer’s View. Mark has studied, spoken on, and written about family law for decades and is eager to share his knowledge with anyone who comes to him for help. He goes over every detail of your case with meticulous attention to every aspect of the law that applies, empowering you to make informed decisions and maximizing your chances for success. Mark’s clients benefit from his:
- Years of experience – With more than 40 years of experience as a lawyer and judge handling countless cases, Mark knows how the system works and how to get you the results you deserve.
- Outstanding reputation – Mark has been recognized as one of the Top Lawyers in the Phoenix area by North Valley Magazine. He is also AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his professionalism and high ethical standards, and he has maintained a five-star rating from AVVO as an Arizona Bar-Certified Family Law Specialist.
- Public service – Mark is also a former Scottsdale City Judge and Superior Court Judge Pro Tem. These experiences have given him valuable perspective, which he uses to help his clients overcome obstacles to reasonable settlements.
- Undivided attention – As a sole practitioner, Mark provides a sharp focus to every case he undertakes. There are no paralegals managing files. Only he represents you, ensuring no case details get lost in a complicated line of communication.
When you retain Mark Cord as your family law attorney, you have experience, knowledge and character on your side.
Proven results on a wide range of family law matters
Attorney Mark Cord takes on cases in the following practice areas:
- Divorce — Mark helps clients dissolve their marriage with a contested or uncontested divorce. During the divorce process, he often helps clients reach a settlement agreement through negotiations or mediation, resolving conflicts on such issues as alimony, child custody, child support, and the division of property. When settlement is not possible, Mark litigates aggressively to achieve results that protect his client’s property and parental rights. For clients who are not ready for a final divorce, Mark helps negotiate legal separation agreements.
- Child custody — Mark assists parents seeking child custody or visitation rights under a variety of circumstances: during divorce, after divorce, and when the parents have never been married.
- Family law — In addition to the areas listed above, Mark assists clients with post-divorce enforcement and modification, paternity actions, prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements.
Every family law case gets Mark’s personal attention from start to successful finish.
Contact Scottsdale attorney Mark Cord today for experienced family law counsel
If you are looking for reliable family law assistance in Scottsdale and the Phoenix metropolitan area, you can rely on attorney Mark Cord. Over more than 40 years, Mark has built a reputation for high-quality, highly ethical representation that produces positive results. Call Mark today at 480-562-5853 or contact his office online to schedule your free initial consultation.