Experienced Scottsdale Divorce Lawyer Is on Your Side
Reputable Arizona attorney provides knowledgeable guidance throughout the legal process
When it comes to divorce representation, there is no substitute for experience. Mark Cord has handled literally thousands of divorce and other family law matters in the greater Phoenix area for more than 40 years and is one of the few attorneys certified as a family law specialist by the Arizona State Bar. Whether you’re hoping to negotiate a settlement and avoid court or you are ready to fight in court, Mark is prepared to go after the best possible outcome for you.
Comprehensive representation covers all issues for divorcing parties
Mark is a family law attorney experienced in all aspects of divorce, including:
- Child custody and support — He helps to protect your relationship with your children and secure child custody and visitation rights and addresses child support issues. When paternity matters are at issue, Mark can advocate for a proper determination.
- Community property — Arizona is a community property state, and Mark can explain what property you must divide and what you can keep. He will negotiate or litigate for a fair outcome when it comes to the distribution of the marital home, personal property, bank accounts, stocks, and other assets.
- Professional and business ownerships — Professional and business ownerships between spouses have their own complications when a married couple splits, and Mark can discuss how ownership shares can be allocated.
- Spousal support (alimony) and temporary support — He fights for spouses who need financial help and income-earning spouses who don’t think their ex is entitled to it.
- Legal separation — Mark helps you achieve independence through legal separation when that makes sense.
- Modification and enforcement — When court orders need modification and enforcement, Mark will petition the court on your behalf.
- High Conflict Divorce and Child Custody Cases – Mark will work hard to limit the emotional burdens of high-conflict divorce and child custody litigation to protect children.
- Complex Asset Divorce Cases – High-end divorce cases where complex assets are involved may require mediation, collaboration or litigation to resolve disputes.
Mark takes charge of every detail of your divorce case, so you have skilled support through every step of the process. He also understands it’s your life. He’s your employee, not your boss. He is there to advise, not to bully you into a settlement.
Compassionate advocate explains the divorce process
The divorce process begins with the filing of a petition for dissolution of the marriage. Usually, the only grounds for divorce is that the marriage is irretrievably broken. If the other spouse denies that it is, the court may hold a hearing to decide that issue. However, when the parties are in a rare “covenant marriage,” in which they promise to remain married for life, divorce requires proof of special circumstances, such as that one of the spouses is guilty of adultery, substance abuse, physical abuse or abandonment. In either situation, Mark will provide valuable guidance and advocacy.
Effective mediator and litigator handles both contested and uncontested divorces
Mediation offers a structured method of negotiating a divorce settlement. The mediation process fosters cooperation between divorcing spouses, and saves the time, cost, stress and hostility of litigation. As an experienced negotiator, Mark guides you through the mediation process so you can achieve a divorce settlement that is fairer for you. If going to court becomes necessary, having a strong litigator at your side is vital to your success. Mark is always prepared for trial and uses tested strategies and a commanding courtroom presence to secure his clients’ reasonable expectations.
Contact a Scottsdale attorney for a free consultation
For more than 40 years, attorney Mark Cord has provided effective divorce representation in Scottsdale and the Phoenix metropolitan area. Call Mark today at 480-994-0345 or contact him online for a free consultation.